Kent Farmers’ Market Association represents most of the Farmers Markets in Kent (and some beyond).
Our objective is to:
– help market managers and stallholders improve standards through guidance and training
– promote best practice
– encourage collaboration in marketing and purchasing;
– help stallholders find outlets for their products;
– advise new markets on establishing strong foundations;
– stimulate the understanding of the benefits of local food;
– drive up footfall and spend per shopper
– promote farmers markets to the public.
We believe that farmers’ markets provide shoppers with high quality, nutritious, traceable, fresh local food and drink.
They act as business incubators, giving small food and craft enterprises a low cost opportunity to sell direct to the public.
They provide a social hub, provide vital local services and contribute to the development of robust and sustainable local economies.